Just thought I'd jump on here and share a few things with you all.
I've gotten back into Bible prophecy and it's amazing how the Holy Spirit can lead you to the same conclusions as someone who studied the same material over 100 years ago.
I began Revelation 1 and was reading through it and came upon many things that were difficult to understand within the first 5 verses. The first of which was in verse 3 where it says "...and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne..." KJV. Another was in verse 5 where Jesus is being described as "...the first begotton of the dead..." KJV.
As I began to mull over the first of these two challenges I asked God for understanding. The "seven Spirits" was difficult for me because I know that there is only one Holy Spirit but the word "Spirit" has a capital S, which means it's referring to divinity. The preceding word "seven" caused all sorts of thoughts to go through my head until the Holy Spirit Himself whispered to me that earlier in the verse seven churches are referred to. He also reminded me that He is omnipresent. So I got to thinking that since He can be at all seven churches at the same time there would appear to be seven of Him while all being Him. Make sense? :)
The second obstacle was Jesus being the "first begotton of the dead". I know full well that He was not the first to be resurrected yet the word "first" is being used. As I struggled with this one the Holy Spirit again came to me and said "first also means best". And immediately the text became clear. Jesus is the best of those raised from the slumber of death.
So later in the evening as I was sitting in bed I opened up Daniel and the Revelation by Uriah Smith. I read what he had come up with and with a smile on my face I discovered that he came to the same conclusions. This is another personal experience that proves to my own heart that God does exist. Uriah and I came to the same conclusions even though he lived more than 100 years ago. The Holy Spirit must have been guiding him as well and that's what made me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praise the Lord honey! God is the same yesterday, today and forever! What a comfort to know He will send the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth! What an awesome God - love you - Mom
Thats awesome! What a cool experience and I also appreciate the insight into those texts.
I might just document my studies of Revelation on here. There are many fascinating things to dwell on as I read through it. All I do is stop once I get to a phrase that doesn't make sense. I pray, think on, and study it until I understand it.
It will probably take a lot of time to get through it this way but I think it'll prove to be very rewarding.
Very neat experience! Keep 'em coming.
I had never thought about the "seven spirits" like that before. Thanks for sharing! And just to throw this out there, I think that "begotten" also translates to "unique"
Post a Comment