Friday, January 15, 2010

Life Lesson

There are times, short special times, that if you pause, be still and let God speak to you that you can learn something awesome.

The other day I went into the bathroom and on the floor was a lady bug. Taumi and I are accustom to these little visitors. They tend to show up a lot as if our place were some sort of road-side inn for lady bugs. I didn't pay this one any more mind than the previous visitors until I saw him try to walk.

This poor fellow didn't have his front two legs (Amelie's doing I have no doubt). I felt bad for the guy but didn't know what to do. I'm not all that excited about squishing bugs or flushing them down the toilet. So I just watched him for a bit. He struggled to propel himself forward due to the front of him dragging on the ground.

As he spun in circles trying to get anywhere I realized that God made him exactly as he should have been. He needed 6 legs, no less. And as this poor little bug was struggling with the simplest of things (movement) it dawned on me that I am no better than this bug.

You see God made us with the purpose of communication with Him. Originally we were to walk and talk with God each day, literally. Because of sin we cannot do that anymore and have been spinning in circles for the past 6,000 years. It's gotten worse as time goes on and the only thing that keeps us holding on is the promise that we will be with Him again. We will gain those two front feet again and be able to walk with God and talk with Him for ever.

It may seem like He'll never come but once He does, we'll look back and realize that this life was just a blip in the smallest iota of time. So stay strong, keep Him first and remember the life lesson from the lady bug.

Brother Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true, I'm given hope that He promises us a taste of that even now! Through the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, we can almost be closer to Him than if He was here face to face with us because He lives IN our hearts. Oh, if only I would always listen as He teaches me to surrender and follow Him.

Taumi said...

I love it, the life lesson from the lady bug. This is very true and I cannot wait for His coming so we can be whole in Him again. It's so frustrating to be spinning in circles.