Father in Heaven, I feel the need to explain your character and what you've called us to be like as your last day people. My words have been most inadequate so far. So I ask that you provide me with the words I need to speak. It is important that I do not paint you in a light that is not true.
God's character questioned:
When Satan rebelled his accusations were that God's character, His way of life, was flawed. Satan claimed that his ways were better than God's and set to prove it. “For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.” By desiring to exalt himself above God he’s claiming that he can do it better than God. And by thinking that way he thinks that God’s “perfect ways” are not really all that perfect.
It seems likely that we were created in God's image so that the created hosts could see who He was. It's almost as if God, instead of sticking up for Himself said "We will make man in our image so that you can see for yourself who I am."
With this in mind Satan set forth to deceive man and prove to the created beings that God's character is in deed flawed. How sad it is that the very beings God created to vindicate His character fell to Satan's lies. But I believe God knew this and therefore set in motion the plan of salvation which not only saves humanity but vindicates His character through Jesus.
God's character revealed:
After man fell the created hosts could have easily said that Satan’s ways were better than God’s because those God created to reflect His character fell to Satan. Thankfully they weren’t so fast to judge God. So then Jesus came to this world, suffered and died to save us. But I believe He had a second motive for coming into this world, He showed us who God is. "If you have seen me, you have seen the father". Jesus lived a life that was not in any way tainted by the world, by self, or by Satan's forces. He lived according to the word of God and submitted Himself to God's will every moment. "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Even when He was dying on the cross, He was not selfish but loved those around Him. He tells us "a new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."
By Jesus' life we're showed who God is and here Jesus is telling us to love one another just like Him. When He was asked what the greatest commandment was He said love. If we loved as Jesus loved (which is selflessly) we too would be reflecting God's character. We will be allowing God to vindicate His character through us in these last days. What that means is that we will need God in our lives so that we can love selflessly like He loves, allowing Him to replace self. And by this we will love like Jesus loved and will be vindicating God's character as Jesus did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment